Monday, January 12, 2009
Weekend Work
Saturday I got the chance to do some sewing on my exchange blocks. I was doing great until I thought there was a problem. Since most of it is half square triangles, when the small blocks are sewn together, the angle is about 1/4 inch off. I was ready to post on the quilt forum for some help. I was sure I cut and measured correctly and done everything just right. I want these to be my 'best I ever done' since they are going to other people. I decided just to put it aside and think for awhile before I get to ripping things apart and getting fustrated about it. I started sewing the snowman top together. I was almost done with it when it hit me, 1/4 inch seam allowance, DUH! I didn't get the chance to work on the blocks again but knowing that I'm doing them right helps. WHEW!!! I was worried. I just have the borders to cut and put on the snowman top now too. I will then be putting it aside until I get some other things done. I still need to do the butterfly quilt before the end of the month. I think I had a bit of either inspiration or insanity and decided to use the striped fabric for sashing too! Maybe......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Sorry you're having trouble with your blocks. With half square triangles I always round up to the nearest "good measurement" I hate cutting anything at 7/8". It works out on my machine if I cut it the next bigger, (to the solid inch), I end up with them exactly right and have very little to cut down. It seems like you know what is going on now though. :)
Post a Comment