Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I wish I had been there.


This satellite photo of Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony, taken by GeoEye1 on January 20, 2009, shows part of the attending crowd (L) and at right, the United States Capitol. Picture taken January 20, 2009. REUTERS/GeoEye/Handout (UNITED STATES).




President Barack Obama, lower right, shakes hands with Chief Justice John Roberts after taking the oath of office at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009. At right rear is first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia, center, and Sasha.(AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

2 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

You have to admit that is a whole lot of people. It's always hard for me in giant groups like that. Like a child, when you're in a wheelchair people seem to forget to look down.

Shelly said...

I can fully understand what you are talking about. I think, even if you aren't in the mist of the mess of people, that it would have been meaningful just to be there. To be a part of history. I visited DC a few years ago with my sister and still feel the awe of DC just looking at the pictures. To have stood on the Capitol steps where the new president has stood. It gives me goosebumps!