Monday, December 15, 2008

Goals, Smoals!

I really didn't get much quilt stuff done at all. But I have a good reason for it....I spent the weekend with my kids. Jacob went on his first deer hunting trip on Saturday. He said he shot a few times but didn't get anything. With TJ and Jacob off hunting, Alex and I went shopping. We went to the book store. Then bought our Christmas cookie supplies. Also had to get some ice cream, brownies, cheesecake, and other misc goodies. When Jacob came home he was pretty pooped out. Sunday we just hung out watching TV. Sometimes weekends are best spent this way.

I did work a bit on the d9p. I got the 9 patchs pressed and cut into blocks. Jacob even helped press a few. I found I am 8 blocks short. I believe I have enough squares to make those blocks, just need to sew them. I also thought I was off on the amount of backing I had. My math was just off the night I looked at that. One book I bought was about how to piece the backings. It has some very neat ideas in there that I would like to try. It did give me an idea for the Bistro quilt and I will do that instead of buying more fabric.

1 comment:

Sand and Sunshine said...

Dear Shelly,

That all sounds great, aren't the holidays wonderful?