Monday, February 23, 2009

Keep on Moving

Saturday I bought the backing for the Casket quilt. I just need to get mom's initials embriodered on the back before I quilt it. I really need to get over my fear of freehand on Dizzy. A panto seems to be what I am comfortable with but with the Butterfly and Casket quilts, I wanted to do something more. I've done some practice but I don't like how things are going. This is why I bought the new rulers. I thought it would help me get over the fear. I need more practice, or a new plan.

I have added to the active project list. Since there are two that are waiting on quilting, and a third comming up fast, I needed to get more projects active. Alex has two quilts on the list, the southwest and the halloween. He said that he wants the southwest done first. I told him it may be halloween (or after) before the other one gets done. I also put the blue flea market as active. I think it will go fast and I'd like to have a new quilt for my bed for spring.

1 comment:

Sand and Sunshine said...

Sounds great, good for you. Sorry I can't help with the freehand. Are you using all three layers or just a single piece of muslin to practice on? When I try and practice with only one layer something I'd like to try to quilt on my standard sewing machine, it always looks bad, but with the three layers suddenly it looks fine.

Another thought might be are those stippling papers, where you pin it to your project and sew on top of them, while you are indeed tracing you would begin to get used to the "feel" of gliding around. It's just a thought, all could be meaningless mumbo-jumbo since I've never even touched a longarm machine before.