Sunday, June 21, 2009

What's On Dizzy?

I loaded up the backing and got a row of quilting done. As big as the quilt is, and as small as the quilt design is, it's going to take a bit to quilt. But I'm already happy with the results.



At my last LA guild meeting there was talk about a color of thread that blends with every color of fabric. It's a sage green color, only a bit lighter. I happen to have a cone of it. Remember all that thread I bought? It's finally coming in handy. I'm doing the quilting in a leafy pattern. I'm hoping that the leafs show but the thread is secondary to the quilting. I have a feeling that I need a thicker batting to get the exact look I want.



After doing some double checking, the thread color is not sage green. It just looked that way to me from across the room. It is in fact a taupe color. This is the specific thread they were talking about. On this quilt, I am using a sage green and it looks good to me. :-)

http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/product/617-taupe-the-bottom-line-3000-yds/

1 comment:

Sand and Sunshine said...

light Sage green hu? I'll have to keep that in mind.