Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ah, Finally Finished

I think I was so sick of looking at this one loaded on Dizzy that I HAD to get it done. Since the fabric is so strong and wild, I went with a large meander for the quilting. It suits it well. I used pastel verigated thread for the top.



The backing was a fuzzy, stretchy, pain in the rear fabric. It makes it very cuddly and cozy but it's alot of work. I used a pink thread on the back that matched the pink backing.



This will be going to charity at some point. I'm not sure which one yet, but I know I want to wait until I have a number of them ready to go instead of giving one at a time.

2 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

I like the way it looks from the back, reguardless of what sort of a pain it was to get it that way.

Depending on the size you might consider donating them to your local hospital for their high risk babies.

All of my orphan blocks are turned into perinatal quilts which run smaller, but that's a different a bit different than the suggestion I gave above.

Shelly said...

It is roughly 48 x 48. I was thinking about the local battered womens shelter. They are always looking for furniture and other household items for the families.